Streaming Games Over The Network

Games and gaming tweaks
Forum rules
Behave
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Streaming Games Over The Network

Post by Zema Bus »

I'm still dealing with heartburn and it's worse in the evening particularly during the week after work keeps me tied to a chair for 8 hours, it's not so bad on the weekends. I wanted to play some games tonight but sitting aggravates it so I installed Steam on my kitchen computer (Debian) and streamed it from my upstairs gaming machine. I hadn't tried that in a while, it worked pretty good, I didn't even have to tweak the streaming settings in Steam to get it to work like I used to. It's not ideal standing while sword fighting but better than doing it with raging heartburn. I may have to bite the bullet and get an EGD done.
Grogan
Your Host

Re: Streaming Games Over The Network

Post by Grogan »

Sorry about your heart burn. Yours isn't "normal" heartburn, but if I had it, it's worse laying down than anything. Acid reflux can have me puking into my lungs too if full enough, when sleeping laying down (so I don't go to bed full anymore)

With gigabit+ LAN, I guess the frames would stream OK. I always forget about that difference when I think of networking stuff. For example the last time I used NFS I probably had 10 mbit LAN lol
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Post by Zema Bus »

Thanks Grogan. I've had reflux since the 90's and until 4 months ago only rarely had heartburn when I wasn't sleeping (and in a reclined position). I think it's esophagitis or reflux-esophagitis. Hopefully that's all it is. There is a relatively simple surgery to fix it that I'm considering, the linx procedure, where they install an expandable magnetic band around the lower esophagus. It's an easily reversible fix, unlike the others I've seen.
Grogan
Your Host

Post by Grogan »

That looks like good pizza they are eating, too (charred on the edges etc.)

It sounds scary, but if having an esophageal cyborg implant lets you eat pizza again (or simply eat and sleep and stuff)... :D
Dark Angel
Master of Ceremonies

Post by Dark Angel »

I've had GERD since I was a teenager, but it takes me over eating (even mildly, which is a problem if I'm REALLY enjoying those nachos) or drinking a lot of beer (or a couple a night for a week running) for it to get really bad. Guinness doesn't do it, and neither does gin and indian tonic. Hopps seems to aggravate it in particular.
I take Nexium twice a week and that's enough to keep it under control. Waking up gagging on stomach acid is on the "fuck that for a joke" list of things I've tried.
My wife has had gastric sleeve surgery and has to take it daily.
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Post by Zema Bus »

It's a really brutal, vendictive condition. I was on some of the PPI's for a while, the one I was initially taking stopped working eventually and I ended up trying different ones to no avail. But because of my family history of osteoporosis I shouldn't take PPI's long term anyway. I tried H2 blockers too, they're safer for long term use (though less potent) but I never had any luck with them, my reflux was just as bad.