Welcome Jan!

This is the place to raise a toast to new members
Forum rules
Behave
Grogan
Your Host

Welcome Jan!

Post by Grogan »

Welcome to the forum, Jan! To say it's nice to see you would be a gross understatement :wave:

(I don't have any lovey dovey smilies or I'd give you one... I'll find more)
Grogan
Your Host

Re: Welcome Jan!

Post by Grogan »

Well, I do have a nice cake for you. It's a fake one, AI generated, so it will taste like air, sorry about that, but it's a nice one :-)

aicake.jpg
aicake.jpg (258.17 KiB) Viewed 359 times
TheeRadioDJ
Preferred Diner

Post by TheeRadioDJ »

Hey Jan!

Glad you could join us! :wave:
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Post by Zema Bus »

Welcome Jan! :)
Jan_19
Preferred Diner

Post by Jan_19 »

:D Well hello hello, and thank you for the nice welcome! I wasn't sure what to think when Steve said "Grogan has a little surprise for ya." I was a little afraid not knowing what to expect since it was coming from you! 🤣🤣 I had a few surprises for you too over the years, sorry I didnt get them to you. You can ask Steve, I've told him a number of times that I missed you. 😊😘 Anyway I bet we all have a lot of catching up to do but I won't do it all in one night. Haha

Oh and also give me a little time to make my way around here. Don't laugh at all my mistakes I might make. Truly it's good to be here!
You Can't Sprinkle Bullshit With Sugar and Make It A Cupcake!
Jan_19
Preferred Diner

Post by Jan_19 »

Hey Zema, you going by that name or your real name? Also I'm assuming TheeRadioDJ is Mick, yes? I want to know who's here, I be nosey like that. Lol
Grogan
Your Host

Post by Grogan »

It's not that different from what you've used before. If you remember bbcode it works pretty much the same. You'll have to switch to "Full Editor & Preview" if composing in the Quick Reply (you won't lose your text) to get at the Attachments tab where you'll quickly figure out how to upload an attachment. There's also access to the smilies to click in the full editor view. etc. etc.

I can't remember where I snagged that cake, it was from some AI art gallery somewhere. It was originally .webp but I don't think there was any transparency or anything that got nuked by converting it to jpg. I love that picture, it's beautiful and serene and nifty too. Sounds corny, but I've been saving it for a special occasion :-)
Grogan
Your Host

Post by Grogan »

No, TheeRadioDJ is our old friend General K!

Mick is... wait for it... Dark Angel :-)
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Post by Zema Bus »

Jan feel free to call me either Zema or Steve :)
Jan_19
Preferred Diner

Post by Jan_19 »

Grogan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:00 am
I can't remember where I snagged that cake, it was from some AI art gallery somewhere. It was originally .webp but I don't think there was any transparency or anything that got nuked by converting it to jpg. I love that picture, it's beautiful and serene and nifty too. Sounds corny, but I've been saving it for a special occasion :-)
I feel so loved that I was the one who received such a beautiful cake that you were saving for a special occasion. That cake is really cool! It wasn't the surprise that I was expecting, I don't feel good in telling you that I had something picked out for you that may have had something to do with your favorite, mayonnaise!! :lol: Shame on me!

I got on my laptop for the first time (now) to look at your place here and it looks great!! I was using my cellphone and my eyes aren't as good anymore so using the laptop I was able to see and get around better. Happy for you that you have your own place. :)

Hello Peter, DA and Steve. :wave:
Grogan
Your Host

Post by Grogan »

Oh Hell, this probably isn't mobile friendly. One of the fixed width styles would be better though (can be changed in User Control Panel under Board Preferences in a drop list)

Zema force feeds me mayonnaise :lol:

(If you get hungry for some mayonnaise treats, we have some in our Random Stuff thread)
Jan_19
Preferred Diner

Post by Jan_19 »

Grogan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:01 pm
Zema force feeds me mayonnaise :lol:
Force feeds you, you still haven't acquired a taste for Mayo? C'mon you're a big boy now. :lol: It's so weird to me how our taste for things change over the years. I have loved sour cream on my baked potatoe for years, every since I can remember, and one night I put it on my potatoe like usual and thought it tasted terrible. I thought at first it may be spoiled but that wasn't the case. I tried it again another time, and it tasted bad again. I finally came to the conclusion that I don't care for it by itself but if its mixed in something it's fine. I'm really disappointed as I want to like it on my potatoe still today, :lol:
Grogan
Your Host

Post by Grogan »

I actually did like mayonnaise at one time, on certain things. Never on a burger (that's just disgusting) but I used to have it on subs and a bit with tuna sandwiches. HOWEVER, there were only two people in this world that could make me a tuna sandwich. My mother and my grandmother. They did it just right, with just enough mayonnaise and cut up pieces of celery in it. Otherwise tuna sandwiches were disgusting! (Though not as disgusting as egg salad sandwiches, that's always been a never... I couldn't get past the farty and rancid smells together).

The fateful day was actually Tzatziki sauce on a Gyro. You know when you eat something bad and get sick, you know what it was that did it to you. Well, it was the tzatziki sauce at this Greek pizza joint. Tzatziki is a garlicky white yogurt sauce, but it turned me off on all similar goop forever. Mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch dressing, anything liable to come out my nose when I gag on it :lol:

A few years after that I encountered my first Taco Bell franchise. I was all oboyoboyoboy and I ordered 3 burrito supremes at the drive-thru, not realizing what "supreme" meant, it had to be better than non-supreme, right? I couldn't even wait to get back, I opened up one of the burritos and took a bite out of it, and sour cream ejaculated in my face, it was loaded with it. That was so disgusting I threw it all out the window.

I HATE those things so much, it makes me angry if I bite into something. At a Wendy's, I ordered a couple of burgers and a grilled chicken sandwich for a side. I specified no mayonnaise not just once, but with a reminder. I ate the burgers and was all looking forward to the chicken sandwich. Same thing, bit into it and mayonnaise squirted out. I was so fucking angry it was dangerous. I marched up to the counter all "I said no fucking mayonnaise!" and smacked it down harder than I intended to. It absolutely exploded on the counter. I left before the cops got there and never went back to that location :lol:
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Post by Zema Bus »

I bet if you ever did go back they wouldn't make the same mistake :lol:

How about the dressing used in Big Macs? I haven''t had one since I was a kid but I remember it being something different from mayonnaise. I've always liked mayonnaise in sandwiches but I rarely have any these days, and can't really eat sandwiches anymore, both thanks to my acid reflux. Too much bread in one bite can be painful to swallow (stenosis due to scar tissue from chronic reflux). And mayonnaise contains vinegar which is very acidic and can aggravate esophagitits. Occasionally I'll slice some bread really thin so that I can get a little taste of what I used to enjoy.
Grogan
Your Host

Post by Grogan »

Same, I liked Big Mac goop when I was a kid, but after the goop aversion, it's disgusting. I like a Big Mac without sauce, but it's a burn these days. Better to get the little double cheeseburgers, "mcdoubles", they are cheap.

Big Mac sauce is like thousand island dressing. Blech!