EVGA - Great Customer Service

General hardware discussion.
Forum rules
Behave
TheeRadioDJ
Preferred Diner

EVGA - Great Customer Service

Post by TheeRadioDJ »

I have a fully modular 850 watt EVGA PSU that I purchased in 2021. Somewhere along the line I managed to lose most of the stock cables. I debated for a long time what to do with the PSU, since I couldn't use it without cables. I decided to reach out to EVGA to ask if I could purchase a replacement set of cables. They asked me to confirm my address, and they're sending me a replacement cable set at no charge! The 7 year warranty is still in effect, but I don't think carelessly losing the cables would be covered by the warranty, lol.

I've always heard that EVGA is a good company, and I'm impressed with this customer service!
Last edited by TheeRadioDJ on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grogan
Your Host

Re: EVGA - Great Customer Service

Post by Grogan »

I've heard good things about them too regarding their customer service. However, that's exceptionally nice of them and especially in this day and age where companies don't care.

You're kind of screwed if you lose modular PSU cables, testing luck with other cables with connectors that may fit can lead to tragedy if they are pinned differently. I'd have been happy just to be able to buy a replacement set.

I have never bought anything EVGA, but I'll consider it. I'm always leery of cheaper brands of things and rightly so... to me a hardware failure is a time wasting, tail chasing shitshow and saving money isn't worth it. For example, I don't give a flying fuck about the cost of a failed hard drive compared to the work involved and thus, while good warranty service is great (Maxtor had good warranty service lol), I'm pissed off if I have to use it :-)
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Post by Zema Bus »

I've been using EVGA power supplies the last couple of years and they've been working well.
Grogan
Your Host

Post by Grogan »

It's a viable brand of PSU, a lot of those experts have them in their videos. I'm more leery of alternative brands of video cards, I've had bad experiences deviating from the path.
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Post by Zema Bus »

EVGA stopped making video cards recently, they reportedly got tired of being abused by Nvidia.