Bad Manager

This is the place to discuss anything.
Forum rules
Behave
Zema Bus
Your Co-Host

Bad Manager

Post by Zema Bus »

I was about to post this in the thread at BBF but the forum is down again so I'll post what I wrote here.

With the stress this is causing me I can't even really enjoy the weekend. My recruiter is off until Tuesday so I can't get the ball rolling until then. I'm now considering not waiting for my recruiter to find me another assignment while I continue taking the daily abuse, I may just walk away from them this week. I'll wait until I can talk to my recruiter though. I have two weeks of PTO I can use, plus my tax return should be equivalent to 6 weeks of pay, so altogether 2 months worth. That should be plenty of time to get an new assignment, and it'll give me some time to work on possibly getting another income source started. It'll also give me a chance to simply decompress since I never get any real time off. The management at that facility will be royally pissed since they're already short-handed and with a backlog. It's what that manager gets for treating me like crap. When I leave I'll just tell them "good luck with that" lol!

From DA's signature: "Power is something that should be given to those who need it to serve and withheld from those who seek it to rule."
Dark Angel
Master of Ceremonies

Re: Bad Manager

Post by Dark Angel »

Just tell them you're sick of the abuse from that manager and you refuse to discuss it any further. If nothing is said about people like that, nothing will ever be done. It might also take multiple reports for anything to happen, but in the mean time you can drop your grenade and get on with your life.
Grogan
Your Host

Re: Bad Manager

Post by Grogan »

Before the forum went down, I said "Make sure you keep all communications". That was clearly abusive. That making you email her every time you go for a piss etc. is pure harassment. Unfortunately, it costs money up front to get such a lawsuit off the ground.

I agree, you should quit that situation immediately and state the manager as the reason. "I can't work in this environment anymore". A productive agent, now gone at a time when they are backed up, because of that stupid bitch. They shouldna fucking tried it in California, an "at will" employment state. (it works both ways)

I'm not only thinking vindictively, this is of course bad for YOU.

P.S. What's a real piss off here is that you're up all night working on this crap. So what if you missed a pointless meeting you could have been sent the minutes of. You'll be able to compile some sort of record of your assignment completion and you can note the difficulty of them. I'm thinking of being able to prove to your recruiter that this bitch is the problem and/or in the case of any legal complaint.